Saturday, September 3, 2011

I am finally here!

Time of arrival: 3.58pm on 3rd September 2011. I weigh 3.005kg and measure 51cm with head circumference of 34cm.


Mummy was admitted to Mount Alvernia at about 1pm today after settling my Stemcord application at Gleneagles Hospital. Unfortunately Mummy didn't really get the room she wanted but at least this one isn't as bad as the one they placed her in before delivering Gor Gor Reuben at Gleneagles.

Mummy was wheeled into the operating theatre at about 3pm and by the time the preparation was completed and Daddy was asked into the room, it was about 3.45pm. At 3.58pm, Daddy saw Dr Cheng pull me out of Mummy and everyone was very happy the operation went very smoothly.


I was then cleaned up and brought to the nursery to be weighed and measured. After which, I was placed under a warmer to keep warm and adjust to the surrounding while Daddy went to make sure Mummy was alright.


It was about 5.30pm when I was reunited with Mummy and Daddy in the room. That was when I had my first dose of fresh milk. As it tasted new to me, I didn't have much of it. I seem to prefer sleep over milk and slept most of the time after that. I spent a little time with Mummy and Daddy in the room before I was sent back to the nursery while Mummy got her much needed rest.


In the evening, I finally got to meet Gor Gor Reuben together with Nai Nai and Ye Ye. Gor Gor wasn't very excited about meeting me but I guess he was just not sure how to react to me. Even the Dora present I got for him didn't really help warm him up. However, I am sure he will soon realise I am the best sister in the world!


Ma Ma and Gong Gong also came to see me with Cindy Yee Yee, Jie Jie Faith, Gor Gor Asher and Uncle Ivan. Justine Kim Kim also brought Gor Gor Elijah and Jie Jie Esther to visit me. I had lots of attention!

1 comment: